|Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Ministry of Education
Saudi Electronic University
|المملكة العربية السعودية
الجامعة السعودية الإلكترونية
College of Administrative and Financial Sciences
MGT425-Spreadsheet Decision Modeling
Deadline: 20/11/2021 @ 23:59
Spreadsheet Decision Modeling
|Course Code: MGT425||Student’s ID Number:|
|Academic Year: 1442/1443 H|
For Instructor’s Use only
|Students’ Grade: Marks Obtained/Out of||Level of Marks: High/Middle/Low|
Instructions – PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY
- The Assignment must be submitted on Blackboard (WORD format only) via allocated folder.
- Assignments submitted through email will not be accepted.
- Students are advised to make their work clear and well presented, marks may be reduced for poor presentation. This includes filling your information on the cover page.
- Students must mention question number clearly in their answer.
- Late submission will NOT be accepted.
- Avoid plagiarism, the work should be in your own words, copying from students or other resources without proper referencing will result in ZERO marks. No exceptions.
- All answered must be typed using Times New Roman (size 12, double-spaced) font. No pictures containing text will be accepted and will be considered plagiarism).
- Submissions without this cover page will NOT be accepted.
|Course Learning Outcomes (CLOs)||Question|
|Find some structured ways of dealing with complex managerial decision problems.||Question 1|
|Explain simple decision models and management science ideas that provide powerful and (often surprising) qualitative insight about large spectrum of managerial problems.||Question 2|
|Demonstrate the tools for deciding when and which decision models to use for specific problems.||Question 3|
- Log in to Saudi Digital Library (SDL) via University’s website
- On first page of SDL, choose “English Databases”
- From the list find and click on EBSCO database.
- In the Search Bar of EBSCO find the following article:
Title: The Effects of Using Business Intelligence Systems on an Excellence Management and Decision-Making Process by Start-Up Companies: A Case Study
Author: Otmane Azeroual, Horst Theel (March 2018)
Assignment Questions: (Marks 05)
Read the above Case Study and answer the following Questions:
1. Explain the decision making method discussed in this study (300-400 words) (2-Marks)
2. What are the advantages of using Business intelligence in companies, as discussed in this study? (250-300words) (2-Marks)
3. What is your opinion about this study and how it is connected to course and beneficial for you? (150-200 words) (1-Mark)