Read and watch the lecture resources & materials below early in the week to help you respond to the discussion questions and to complete your assignment(s).
(Note: The citations below are provided for your research convenience. You should always cross-reference the current APA guide for correct styling of citations and references in your academic work.)
- Sizer, F., & Whitney, E. N. (2020).
- Chapter 4
- 60-Second Type 2 Diabetes Risk Test (Links to an external site.)
Risk test. (n.d.). ADA. https://www.diabetes.org/risk-test
- How Do Carbohydrates Impact Your Health? (5:10)
TED-Ed. (2016, January 11). How do carbohydrates impact your health? – Richard J. Wood [Video]. YouTube. https://youtu.be/wxzc_2c6GMg
How do carbohydrates impact your health? – Richard J. Wood (Links to an external site.)
Whether you are studying for an exam or daydreaming about your next vacation, your brain needs carbohydrates to power its activities. Your muscles need carbohydrates to fuel their work. Where can you get carbohydrates? Are some foods healthier choices than others? The balance between how much insulin is in your body and the carbohydrates you eat makes a difference in your blood glucose levels.
After studying Module 4: Lecture Materials & Resources, complete the “Risk of Diabetes Assessment (Links to an external site.)” and answer the following:
- Were you surprised by your results?
- Can you prevent or delay Type 2 diabetes?
- Share with the class at least 2 strategies to lower your risk of developing Type 2 diabetes.
- Provide at least 2 signs or symptoms of hypoglycemia.
- Your initial post should be at least 200 words