I am looking for a lively and highly participative discussion of this week’s topics. Outstanding evidence of learning will be demonstrated by answering the questions and fully discussing, challenging, and enhancing the discussion by your fellow students.
Each student should answer one question individually and post two peer reviews of another students’ comments. Remember to begin your peer posts with “Peer Review of:” (you will not receive credit if your peer reviews are not posted properly). Your answers need to contain information from both the textbook and from outside sources. This could include Power-Web, a website, or journal articles, etc. This means you need to cite your source at the end of each discussion question.
Your answers need to contain information from the textbook and/or information from outside the textbook (Internet). This could include Power-Web, a website, or journal articles, etc. This means you need to cite your sources and that you have provided the reference/s at the end of each discussion question.
Two Peer Responses
Meaningful discussion and information provided
One line or short responses are not acceptable
Posting only a question to a fellow student does not count as a peer review
Responding to the instructor does not constitute a peer review
Peer Post must begin with Peer Review of:
One Question Answered
Question is answered thoroughly
One line or brief answers will not be accepted
One source referenced
Reference must be posted at the end of the question
from your text or from an internet source
Please restate each question, to include number, you are answering at the beginning of the response. Answer the unanswered questions first, before moving to a new question. Your answers should be thoughtful and thorough in content.
- How would you define Logistics?
- What is the key to a successful Supply Chain?
- Identify the main driver in the globalization of logistics.
- What is the number 1 factor in selection of a 3PL?
- What are the identified four major engines driving change in the twenty-first century.
- Define benchmarking and discuss what it embraces.
- Explain global supply chain management and how it can be effective?
- What are the benefits of the use of RFID?
- Identify and explain how to resolve threats that develop in the supply chain?
- How does SCMS increase a companies competitive advantage?
- What are the pros & cons of a cloud-based SCMS system?
- Do you think a SCMS would be useful managing inventory?
- Discuss the US logistics environment.
- How has China gained a competitive advantage with its outsourced logistics services?
- How important is government policy when considering outsourcing and why?
Don’t forget to provide two “peer reviews” each week. Discussion posts are due Friday midnight, Peer reviews are due by Sunday midnight.
If you miss the Friday midnight deadline the highest Discussion grade you can receive for the week is “C”. I encourage you to not wait until the last minute to post so you can interact with your fellow classmates during the week.
NOTE: Post your initial comments to the discussion by clicking on the first “Reply” link below. To give feedback to a classmate’s post, click on the “Reply” link below his/her comment.