|Programme Title||BSc Business Management|
|Module Title||Event Management and Destinations Marketing|
|Module Code||07 32117|
|Assignment Title||Event and Destination Marketing Industry Magazine Article|
|Lecturers||Joanne Matthews and Inci Toral|
|Hand Out Date||09/03/2021|
|Due Date & Time||10/05/2021||12pm|
|Feedback Post Date||01/06/2021|
|Assignment Length||2,000 words|
The Editor of the events trade magazine ‘Stand Out,’ has asked you to write a 2,000 word online feature for the magazine. The feature will offer a critical discussion on the potential impact Covid-19 may be having on visitor numbers to the UK and how this is potentially affecting the UK events industry.
Notes on the task:
- Each task will need to be presented in a 2,000-word online magazine style article
- Relevant academic theories and models should be applied to the content of the article
- Students can present the article in any way they wish as long as it can be uploaded to Canvas (be aware of file sizes. Please do not submit a Zip file)
- A mix of images, headings, subheadings and hyperlinks can be included
- A separate reference list needs to be included in the submission
- In the article students will need to demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of event management and the latest updates within the industry
- Students will need to be critical in their perspective
- Recommendations will need to be justified and event management theories/models should be applied
A good magazine article will demonstrate:
(1) Understanding of the key event management concepts, theories and knowledge
(2) Ability to critically discuss the latest knowledge and trends in events management
(3) Demonstrate students’ creativity with the design of the article
(4) The article should be professional enough to be included in an employability portfolio
Module Learning Outcomes:
In this assessment the following learning outcomes will be covered:
LO3. Show a critical knowledge and understanding of the qualities and abilities needed by an Events Manager and of the organizational and team challenges they face.
LO5. Demonstrate knowledge and critical understanding of planning, scheduling and managing events using key event management processes and techniques.
LO7. Critically evaluate the key issues affecting the events industry and destination marketing activities
See separate grading criteria and rubric available on the module Canvas page.
Feedback to Students:
Both Summative and Formative feedback is given to encourage students to reflect on their learning that feed forward into following assessment tasks. The preparation for all assessment tasks will be supported by formative feedback within the tutorials/seminars. Written feedback is provided as appropriate. Please be aware to use the browser and not the Canvas App as you may not be able to view all comments.
It is your responsibility to ensure that you understand correct referencing practices. You are expected to use appropriate references and keep carefully detailed notes of all your information sources, including any material downloaded from the Internet. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are not vulnerable to any alleged breaches of the assessment regulations. More information is available at https://intranet.birmingh am.ac.uk/as/studentservices/conduct/misconduct/plagiarism/index.aspx.