Week 2 Assignment – Cybersecurity Agencies
Use a Web search engine to search for local, state, and federal government agencies that deal with cybersecurity. You will select one agency to write about. A list of suggestions is provided below.Select from criminal justice organizations and agencies, such as:
- One in the city, town, or state where you live.
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI).
- National Security Agency (NSA).
- Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
- Department of Defense (DOD).
- United States Cyber Command (CYBERCOMM).
- Central Intelligence Agency (CIA).
- National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST).
- Cyber Threat Intelligence Integration Center (CTIIC).
- Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP).
- Scotland Yard.
- Computer Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA).
- U.S. Secret Service.
- White House DNI.
- U.S. State Department.
In a 1–2 page paper, respond to the following items:
- Describe the agency by discussing:
- The types of crimes the agency handles.
- The agency’s response to cybercrimes.
- Recommend one way this agency can improve its overall response to computer crimes perpetrated against the agency itself and citizens it serves. Provide a rationale.
- Use three sources to support your writing. Choose sources that are credible, relevant, and appropriate. Cite each source listed on your source page at least one time within your assignment. For help with research, writing, and citation, access the library or review library guides.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Describe the roles and responsibilities of law enforcement and federal agencies in fighting computer crime