Allocate at least 5 hours in the field to support this field experience.
Observe at least one Grade K-8 classroom with ELLs, and discuss the following with your mentor teacher:
- 1. How alignment between learning targets/objectives and ELP standards can be achieved.
- 2. How ELL progress can be measured, and the types of assessment data utilized to make curricular decisions.
- 3. How Universal Design for Learning (UDL), ELP standards, and assessment data could inform curriculum and instruction for Grades K-8 ELLs.
Use any remaining field experience hours to assist the mentor teacher in providing instruction and support to the class.
Write a 250-500 word summary of your discussion and observation.
Your summary should address the following:
- 1. How elements of UDL could inform ELL curriculum and instruction, and promote an inclusive classroom environment
- 2. A brief explanation of how to achieve alignment between learning targets/objectives and ELP standards.
- 3. Examples of assessment tools used to measure and document ELL progress
- 4. Examples of at least two types of assessment data used to inform ELL instruction
APA format is not required, but solid academic writing is expected.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.