1: Discuss about the regulatory framework of aviation safety and aviation security and accident investigation. You also need to discuss about the need of Human Factors in aviation safety including accident causation models and the use of Safety Management Systems.
Regulatory framework safety: ICAO ANNEX 19
Regulatory framework security: CONVENTIONS-ANNEX 17
Regulatory framework accident investigation: ANNEX 13
Human Factors in aviation safety : AND WHY WE NEED ? + SWISS CHEESE-SHEL
Conclusions of this part
2. Discuss about the different types of devices and procedures used for the screening of passengers. Do these devices or procedures raise any concerns on the travelling public? Does the use of these devices/ procedures have consequences for human aspects? Critically assess the use of these procedures and devices.
- Devices at least 3 LIKE: PROFILING , ACTIVE AND PASSIVE MILIMETER WAVE, CAPPS 2.
- Procedures at least 2-3 LIKE : BODY SEACH – PAT DOWN , NO FLY LIST.
- Human aspects and Consequences for human aspects
- Your evaluation/ opinion/conclusions about the use of these devices and procedures
| Safety security and emergency response marking criteria
1. Safety and security regulatory framework (question 1)
|Regulatory framework||Has the student discussed about the regulatory framework of safety?
Has the student discussed about the regulatory framework of security?
|Accident investigation||Has the student discussed about the regulatory framework of accident investigation?|
|Human Factors and accident causation models||Has the student discussed about the importance of HF in addressing aviation safety?
Has the student discussed about the accident causation models?
|Safety Management systems||Has the student discussed about Safety Management systems?|
|Conclusions||Are the conclusions valid?|
2. Critical assessment of the human aspects of security devices and procedures
- Assignment structure
|Table of Contents||
part 1: safety security regulatory framework:
part 2 devices procedures and critical assessment of the devices and procedures:
part 3 assignment structure: